Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Reaktionen
namensgebung von herr quark? ich glaube nicht :\

auch sonst find ich keine antwort
hlp plz

Reaktionen
Stimmt wiki schreibt garnix darüber:

Gell-Mann nannte dieses Schema Eightfold Way, eine Bezeichnung die die Oktette des Modells mit dem Achtfachen Pfad des Buddhismus verbindet. Er prägte auch den Namen Quark, den er aus dem Satz „Three quarks for Muster Mark” aus James Joyce’s Roman Finnegans Wake entnahm.

Dachte du als studierter Physiker weißt das...

Reaktionen
es war der 7. hit in google ~ , so weit kann hund nicht lesen, brain overload

Reaktionen
Ergebnisse 1 - 10 von ungefähr 803.000 für name quarks. (0,26 Sekunden)

Family Guy

Weil "Quark" ein lustiges Wort ist und Physiker halt zeigen wollten, dass sie einen Sinn fuer Humor haben.

DeCaY4

ich glaub die sollten erst milch heißen, aber der name wurde verworfen weil es da ein getränk gleichen namens gibt

Clawg

Vielleicht sollte man bei wikipedia schauen :o

The word was originally coined by Murray Gell-Mann as a nonsense word rhyming with "pork"[1], but without a spelling. Later, he found the word "quark" in James Joyce's book Finnegans Wake, and used the spelling but not the pronunciation:

Three quarks for Muster Mark!
Sure he has not got much of a bark
And sure any he has it's all beside the mark.

In this context, the word rhymes with "mark", and "bark", but the physics term is pronounced "kwork". Gell-Mann's own explanation:[2][3]

In 1963, when I assigned the name "quark" to the fundamental constituents of the nucleon, I had the sound first, without the spelling, which could have been "kwork". Then, in one of my occasional perusals of Finnegans Wake, by James Joyce, I came across the word "quark" in the phrase "Three quarks for Muster Mark". Since "quark" (meaning, for one thing, the cry of the gull) was clearly intended to rhyme with "Mark," as well as "bark" and other such words, I had to find an excuse to pronounce it as "kwork". But the book represents the dream of a publican named Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker. Words in the text are typically drawn from several sources at once, like the "portmanteau" words in "Through the Looking Glass". From time to time, phrases occur in the book that are partially determined by calls for drinks at the bar. I argued, therefore, that perhaps one of the multiple sources of the cry "Three quarks for Muster Mark" might be "Three quarts for Mister Mark," in which case the pronunciation "kwork" would not be totally unjustified. In any case, the number three fitted perfectly the way quarks occur in nature.

The phrase "three quarks" is a particularly good fit (as mentioned in the above quote), as at the time, there were only three known quarks, and since quarks appear in groups of three in baryons.

In Joyce's use, it is seabirds giving "three quarks", akin to three cheers, "quark" having a meaning of the cry of a gull (probably onomatopoeia, like "quack" for ducks). The word is also a pun on the relationship between Munster and its provincial capital, Cork.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark

-> close

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Oben