[BWCL] Clan Interviews Part 2: ash

Celetuiw

StarCraft: Brood War
Reaktionen
BWCL_white.png
Interviews

LogoAsh.jpg
BWCL is the oldest and biggest clan league still up and running when it comes to foreign broodwar. Accompanying the launch of season 53, which was just recently announced, this interview series will aim to introduce to you, dear reader, all clans playing in the premier Division A.

Of course most fans and players reading this will already know the teams, the players and perhaps the last seasons scores. However, there is much more to know.

The intent of this interview series, is to shed some light on the identity and the backstory of each clan. Baring this sentiment, dear reader, I would like to take you on a journey of origins, stories and ambition. We shall set out to uncover how and why these clans were founded, we delve into their rich history and bring to light what drives them to compete in the highest level of foreign BW team competition.
I want to work out how they differ, what makes them unique and what a league like BWCL means to the clan leaders.

For that noble purpose, I will be releasing interviews on our main forum https://broodwar.net/forum/forums/bwcl-forum starting this week. The first of which starring BlAckSun, noble leader of Clan ash

1. Please introduce yourself! How old are you, where are you from, whats your favourite German dessert? Tesagi ?? yes or no!

BlAckSun: Hi I'm BlackSuN, current leader of ash. 36 and from Germany. Favorite 'German' desert? Hmmmm.... Schwarzwälder Kirsch Torte? Tesagi? Ich spreche kein Koreanisch. Alles ist so wie es sein sollte.

2. Tell us how ash was founded. What was your drive to do so?

BlAckSun: I was not the original founder of ash.! I led a great team called 'DarkAngels' in the old SC:BW area, but with the return of Remastered we didn't have enough people to re-build DA] and ash. This team had the greater history so I joined ash. After the old founder Tashadan didn't have enough time to lead the team any more it was my time to continue the great saga of ash. If you want to find the full history of our team, our wiki is pretty up to date: https://liquipedia.net/starcraft/Aeterna_Societas_Honoris

3. You guys really had kind of a feud going on with w4sp/n!faculty back then, well before you became a member. But in general do you think these kind of rivalries still exist today? Or do we all just love each other and just play the game like grownups because we’re close to 30?

BlAckSun: w4sp and faculty are no more. We are so I guess we won, case closed!
There's still a rivalry between teams but a more healthy one I would say. Some CW's are way easier to manage than others but in general it's easier. Still, if you're been crazy in 2006, you might still be crazy nowadays.

4. Five things that characterise ash in comparison to other clans?

BlAckSun: Lot's of 'old`starcraft pros from the good old days like 2004 – 2008.
I don`t know all the other teams, but we have a great atmosphere in our team and discuss a lot of random stuff in our discord. Nearly half of the content is not BW related so it's just a team of old friends.

5. Speaking of which, ash.ret certainly has a ring to it. Does it mean anything special to you to have these oldschool stars in your team besides of course them being great players? Looking at your roster, I was impressed to see GeNtLeMaN, BrEaKdOwN and GoOdy too. I used to admire these guys so much when I started playing!

BlAckSun: Sadly, all of the above are more or less inactive at the moment, but we have hopes that one or the other might come back. I love having everyone in this team and of course it's still cool to have these well known names around.

6.What role plays team competition, such as BWCL, for your clan?

BlAckSun: We always liked the competition and getting 3rd place in BWCL 2 times in a row now is quite a success for us. We like the competition, but we're nearly all in this game for 12 plus years so most of us just like to enjoy the game.

7. What is your season goal in Div-A? What are your general goals for BWCL?

BlAckSun: 3rd again. It's nearly impossible to beat iRk and Soul) so 3rd place is great. We were struggling quite a bit about a year ago, but some old people came back and now it seems we’re in a good save spot. We even managed to have 3 teams now, no idea how that happened...

8. Have there been any important changes to your roster this season? Is trying to actively improve your roster that a thing you actively care about?

BlAckSun: I do not really actively try to improve the roster, we mostly invite people we know, but of course this is a small community so you know nearly half the people.
Sadly KDV disbande,d so we got Vingzil, Yeti and Catspaw from their side.

9. Any last words or shout outs?

BlAckSun: Can't bash the ash. Thanks for all the people still in this game!

And thus concludes the second interview in the BWCL interview series. The third installment is already a work in progress and i will post it shortly.

In the meantime make sure to check our casts: https://tl.net/calendar/

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Oben